Global warming hasn’t happened since 1998. In fact there has been some recent cooling going on. The climate does change though – I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. The usual point of disagreement is whether humans caused the global warming of the 1900’s. I don’t think we did. This is based on looking at some of the evidence:
1. The number of sun spots and sun radiation over the past 400 years correlates and leads temperatures on earth nicely. The sun’s intensity tracks the warming from 1900 to 1940, then it decreases and so did the temperature until the 1970’s – remember the impending new ice age scares? – then it increased until 1998 and then leveled off. Who would have thought that the big flaming ball of gass up in the sky would have a correlated effect on the earth’s (and other planets/moons) temperatures such that when there are more sun spots and more radiation coming from the sun, the earth gets hotter and when there are less sun spots and less radiation, the earth cools. Hmmmm.
2. There are at least four other planets/moons in our solar system that are also warming up – without humans on them.
3. The CO2 data used by the “Humans are causing global warming” folks does correlate with temperature, but the temperature goes up first, then the CO2 levels follow. Cow farts, volcanoes, and the world’s oceans account for orders of magnitude more CO2 than all human activity combined!
4. Two other hotter periods than we see now occurred when there were no cars or other significant human sources of CO2.
5. There are huge political power gains by people who hate capitalism and the United States of America if the Global Warming Hoax is believed. Ok, that one isn’t evidence, it’s motive.
I think item five above is the key to why we’re getting Global Warming – uh, I mean Climate change pushed on us so hard. It seems to me that socialists hiding in the now hijacked environmentalist movement are trying to tell everyone that capitalism is destroying the whole planet and therefore, they have the right to force us to slow down or stop altogether.
Just look at the recent Supreme Court ruling regarding government CO2 regulation. Now people are lining up to force the EPA to start taking action to reduce CO2 being emitted by cars, coal burning, etc. It’s all about people wanting to control other people rather than all of us controlling ourselves – and on top of that, it’s based on a political agenda instead of science!
Look, I believe we should all do a better job at turning off lights and seeking cleaner energy sources, but this should be of our own free will and should be done to clean up the air and to take care of the planet when it makes economic sense to do so. It should not be compelled upon us in the name of some fake global warming scare.
If humans really were causing global warming then sure, go ahead and tell us what to do so we don’t wreck the planet. But since we’re not wrecking the planet as you say we are, knock it off!
“The Great Global Warming Swindle” is a nice documentary that discusses these issues quite well. The YouTube version of it went away but the Google Video version is still there. It has gone away and come back a few times so it may go away again. Recently I have seen another video called “Global Warming – Doomsday Called Off” which has even more information.
Update: Apparently the number of sunspots has reached a 1000-year high just as the earth seems to be warming. Hmmm. The scientists in that article keep the global warming hoax alive though by injecting that “This trend is being amplified by gases from fossil fuel burning, they argue.” Even though the upper altitudes are not warming as they should if the effects were from greenhouse gasses.
In 2003, the largest solar explosion ever recorded occurred too. Hmmm. It’s probably not related.
Whatever. I’m so tired of this socialist “we’re so powerful that we’re causing global warming and can stop it if we stop the U.S.” propaganda. Since the oceans give off hundreds of times as much CO2 as humans, maybe we should just make a huge tarp and cover the oceans instead. Of course, that would not give politicians and socialists any extra power so nevermind.